Twiztedsails and The Colorado Rogues will be hosting a pirate art contest online on Facebook and on our Twiztedsails blog.
Send us your original pirate themed art to enter. All works must be your own and pirate themed, but media type and style are your choice. Though we love all kinds of art we ask that the subject matter be kept to the equivalent of a “R” rating at the highest, so they may be posted to Facebook . LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT.
Who can enter? You must be a fan of The Colorado Rogues Facebook page or Twiztedsails blog to enter, but need not be a Colorado Rogue.
How do I send in my submission and to where? All submissions must be digitally sent (Jpg, pdf, or bmp) to – email@example.com and have name, age, title of artwork, a short description of the entry (since this is covering several different forms of media we will rely on you to give us the information of what it was made of and how) and an email address included. The email address is to contact you to send your prize if you win.
What is the deadline for submissions? We will begin to accept submissions on March 10th 2012 at 6:00 am, until April 13th 2012 at 11:59 pm.
What do I get if I win? The first place winner will receive a special unique one of a kind Rogues patch, and have their Art , Name and a short interview displayed here on Facebook and on the weekly Twiztedsails blog.
Who are the judges? Entries will be judged by a panel of judges and then the top choices will be posted on line for public vote. Please remember if you send us a blurry photo or poor quality image of your AWESOME pirate art it may not compete well so take your time and send us the best version you can. 🙂
I made a sketch, drawing, painting, or sculpture of Jack Sparrow or other movie pirate, can I enter it? Yes as long as the artwork was done by you and not another artist and it is your original compostion.
I made a pirate quilt, is this eligible for entry? Yes as long as you made it and no one else owns the right of the design. ( if it was made from a template but it was modified by you to make it unique this is also acceptable)
I embellished a pair of jeans with my original pirate artwork, is this eligible for entry? Yes as long as the work was done by you and it is your original work.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prize described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and The Colorado Rogues with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must:
(a) be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. legal resident ((b) be a fan of The Colorado Rogues Facebook Page, or Twiztedsails WordPress Blog; and (c) have obtained a parent’s or legal guardian’s prior permission if under the age of 18. Minors who enter must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian in order to be eligible to receive any prizes, as described in Section 6 of these Rules. Judges of the contest (“Contest Entities”), are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, email your entry with a digital version of your art work in .jpg, .pdf, or .bmp format , your name, email address, age, the title of your artwork and a brief description of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Colorado Rogues is not responsible for illegible or incorrectly submitted entries.
Entries received without a completed information or without a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature (if a minor) will be disqualified.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by The Colorado Rogues); (ii) digitally received by April 13, 2012 by 11:59:59 p.m. (GMT); and (iii) in English (unless otherwise specified). Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. The Colorado Rogues accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of entry. All entries will be deemed made by the Entrant submitted at the time of entry.
4. PIRATE ART SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. The Pirate Art submission and supporting statement must meet the following criteria (“Pirate Art Submission Requirements”):
(a) They must not be offensive, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
(b) They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation.
(c) They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
(d) They must be original, unpublished works that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
(e) They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
(f) The art submission is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
(g) The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits a Pirate art submission that does not meet the Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification
5. JUDGING: Each Pirate art submission will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”:
(i) artistic merit – drawing skills and use of color;
(ii) creativity and originality – considering the representation of the Contest theme as well as the unique and novel approach to pirate art.
(iii) adherence to the Art Contest Requirements and these Rules.
(iv) Finalists: The top entries as will then be posted online April 20th 2012 for the Fans to vote for their favorite to decide the winner.
(v) Tie-breaker: In the event of a tie at the public vote level, the judges will reevaluate the tied art submissions according to the Criteria and make the final decision.
Decisions of the judges are final and binding. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then The Colorado Rogues reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
Notification of Winners: The winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Pirate Art submission that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential finalist or winner If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria described herein. Except where prohibited by law, each potential state finalist/winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential winners must return all such required documents via fax (or as otherwise instructed) within forty-eight (48) hours and via U.S. Mail within seven (7) days following attempted notification or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential winner may be selected based on the judging Criteria described herein. In the event the potential winner is a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian must sign the documents and return them as described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding.
6. PRIZES: The Winner will receive a unique patch sent which will be sent to them at the expense of the Sponser after verification of address has been established. The Winner’s art will be displayed on The Colorado Rogues Facebook page, and the Twiztedsails WordPress blog along with an interview written .
No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and actual retail value will not be awarded. The prize(s) may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Colorado Rogues reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in The Colorado Rogues’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, The Colorado Rogues, or the Judges.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between The Colorado Rogues and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the Art Submission (excluding The Colorado Rogues’s rights in the The Colorado Rogues logo/trademark if used). As a condition of entry, Entrant grants The Colorado Rogues a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Art Submission for any purpose, including display on the The Colorado Rogues website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned.
9. PRIVACY: Entrants agree that personal data submitted with an entry, including name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by Sponsor, The Colorado Rogues and its affiliates for the purposes of conducting and administering the Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to the transmission, processing, disclosing and storage of this personal data by Sponsor and its affiliates. If an Entrant does not provide the data required at entry, that Entrant’s entry may be ineligible.
10. PUBLICITY. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by The Colorado Rogues and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by The Colorado Rogues. The Colorado Rogues will contact Entrants in advance of any The Colorado Rogues-sponsored media request for interviews.
The Art submissions may also be used for press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the Art submissions. The Colorado Rogues reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the Entrants with the top 50 scores, the Finalists and the Winner on the Contest Site or through other media for publicity purposes.
11. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their Art submissions are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted art submission and that they have the right to submit the Art submissions in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Art submissions that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Art submissions or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant’s involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
12. ELIMINATION. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
13. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER. The Colorado Rogues is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed Art submissions or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site- Facebook, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s/consumer’s ability to participate/vote respectively. The Colorado Rogues is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
14. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, The Colorado Rogues reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. The Colorado Rogues further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The Colorado Rogues reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.